06/06/2013

L'Oreal True Match Foundation Review








L'Oreal True Match Foundation W3 (right) and W7 (left)

My normal go-to foundation is the Estée Lauder Double Wear (in desert beige) as it's pretty full coverage and lasts all day. It does however feel heavy and can look cakey if it's not properly buffed into the skin. Plus it's £28.50 which, for a product that runs out fairly quickly if used everyday, does add up over time!

I'm always skeptical about trying anything from the drugstore let alone face products as I brake super easily so drugstore foundations are a massive no-no for me. Yet, I heard so many amazing reviews on the L'Oreal Ture Match Foundation and when I saw Nicole Guerriero state it was one of her holy grail products I knew I had to try it. L'Oreal are also good at skincare so I hoped for the best and I wasn't wrong.

I love this stuff! It's the lightest foundation I've ever used that also provides medium coverage that can be built up for full coverage (even more than Double Wear). It doesn't last as long and it does go a little patchy, yet for work or school hours (8-9) it lasts perfectly. I don't normally need to wear concealer on blemishes and imperfections when I use this as it covers everything really well. And it looks super natural like skin which is a bonus.

One negative I have found is that it can oxidise during the day - I've found this to happen with the darker shades (W6 and W7). What I love about the True Match range is that there are so many colours that follows a similar system to MAC. "W" shades have a more yellow, olive undertone whereas the "N" shades have a more pink, cool undertone. And then the numbers range from light to dark, so it's super easily to find a shade that matches, even the darkest of skin tones! I have the shade W3 which is my normal skin colour and W7 which is the colour I am when I'm tanned.

Even if you are skeptical about trying drugstore foundations I definitely recommend you try this one.

You can pick it up from Boots for £9.99. Xoxo