23/07/2013

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Review & Swatches



After trialing and testing this product for over three weeks in both low temperatures as well as 41 degree celsius heat, I think I'm ready to write my honest review on the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream.














When I first heard of the BB cream (and now CC cream!) craze I wasn't that bothered. My skin is far from perfect so why would I want a product that covers barely anything when I could just wear a full coverage foundation?!

Yet I didn't want to wear foundation on holiday and in Dubai, with the middle eastern heat reaching heights of 43 degrees, I certainty didn't want my makeup sliding off. So into Boots I went and picked up the cheapest (yes I know, I wasn't feeling optimistic that day) BB cream I could find.

The Garnier Skin Perfection BB Cream says it:

          - Immediately perfects
          - Mattifies
          - Reduces the appearance of imperfections
          - Hydrates
          - Feels lightweight
          - Evens skin tone
          - Gives a healthy glow
          - Protects with SPF 20

For someone who is used to full coverage foundation, I actually think the coverage of this BB cream is pretty decent. It certainty blurs the appearance of blemishes and corrected the redness I had from stupidly being burnt. I did use concealer as well under the eyes but I didn't bother during the day for the rest of my face. You can even build a fuller coverage by just adding another layer - you may be thinking "cake face!" yet it doesn't create that with this product which is why I like it so much.

It also blends super easily which you can see below...



It didn't really mattify my skin that much in Dubai; I still had to use powder every few hours but at home in England I didn't have to use powder at all. As for hydration? Not really, it was lightweight but didn't feel cooling or hydrating so I don't know what they mean by being 'hydrating' the skin. But I don't really expect any makeup product to be hydrating anyway!

I'm truly surprised at how well it lasted in Dubai. I only wore makeup for dinner and going out and on both occasions it was really good and lasted well.

As for the other claims such as gives a "healthy glow" and "evens skin tone", I definitely agree. I'm super happy with this product and, while my skin has been pretty good recently *touch wood*, I have been using it as a replacement for Estee Lauder DW and L'Oreal True Match for an everyday wear.

My only critisisms!


  • I don't particularly like the scent, but you do get used to it and it soon disappears.
  • The colour range is horrendous. I believe there are only two shade variations, light and medium. I have mine in light which I think can easily match an NC20/NC25 and may struggle to work on lighter skin tones. I hope they expand a little in the future.

I definitely recommend you try it out even if you're a little apprehensive about BB creams or lighter coverage bases in general - you may be surprised like I was. It's a million times better than the original Garnier BB cream which was awful so, if you hated that, try this version instead! Check out the Boots website as they're normally on offer. Xoxo