31/07/2013

Glamglow Super Mud Clearing Treatment In-Depth Review

I picked up the GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment when I was away after watching Shannon's review on YouTube. When it comes to any skincare product I like to do my research as my skin gets super irritated quickly so any product that I use, whether it be makeup or skincare, I need to check the ingredients. It's annoying, but ever since I have been checking the ingredients, I haven't suffered any major problems *touch wood*.

This clearing treatment can be used in two ways: either as a full face mask or as a spot treatment. You can leave it on for 5-20 minutes depending on the 'treatment' you want. I have tried this product for different time variations and here's what I noted down:

Full 20 minute mask

Before
  • Has a lightweight, thin consistency
  • The product spreads really easily and isn't thick or heavy
  • It has a really lovely mint scent
  • A little goes a long way, a 20p size covered my whole face

During

  • Mask hardens to the point where you can't crack it even if you try!
  • Certain areas of the face go dark where excess sebum (oil) is being produced so you can target where the problem areas on your skin are
  • Removes easily with lukewarm water


After

  • Thorough deep-cleaned feeling
  • Slightly tight but doesn't feel at all uncomfortable
  • Noticeable clearer skin, especially around my nose
  • Buildup is removed
  • Pores feel much tightened
  • Really nice cooling effect that lasts

This mask is so amazing. With masks I love to actually see what it's doing to my skin and with this you can. It goes almost black on certain areas where the dirt and oil is being removed and is basically laying on top of the mask ready to be washed off. It's actually shocking to see how much rubbish is built up in the skin, but at the same time it's good that it shows it! For a mask it's extremely lightweight and has a light gritty texture which I presume helps clean the skin as well. The scent isn't irritable whatsoever and isn't overpowering so, if you don't like mint, you don't really notice it after application.



And another thing I love about it is that it doubles as a spot treatment!

5-10 minutes spot treatment

  • Dab a little onto any problem areas (i.e. blackheads around the nose or any active breakouts)
  • Leave on for 5-10 minutes
  • Remove with warm water

Using as spot treatment is equally as effected as a mask as you're targeting the exact areas you want to clear. It feels super cooling and refreshing on, perfect if you have irritated or red skin. It works wonders on tightening your pores whilst clearing up buildup around the nose.



As I mentioned at the beginning I love knowing what ingredients are in certain skincare products. With the GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment you get an in-depth leaflet into the science behind each ingredient. It shows exactly what it does for your skin and how it does it.








Can we just take a moment and discuss why the heck the packaging of this is so massive compared to the actual container the product comes in? Why!

If you've made it this far, well done you. To conclude, I just want to say that this treatment is so versatile that you can adapt it for your skincare needs. I personally love using it as a mask and as a spot treatment as I find they both work really well. Even if you don't have blemishes you can use it for so many other things such as pore minimising, razor bumps and in-grown hairs as well as the typical problem skin issues.

Despite the poor size of the product you don't need that much at all so I can see it lasting a while, all depending on how frequent you use it obviously. You can get it from Feel Unique for £39.99 with free delivery worldwide. Xoxo

Disclaimer: I bought it myself.